Hear Metal and Worship Seitan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Special Plea: Three Days Left!

Go down

RE: Special Plea: Three Days Left! Empty RE: Special Plea: Three Days Left!

Post  Silentwarrior702 Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:51 pm

RE: Special Plea: Three Days Left!
Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Dec 28, 2008 12:39 PM

Special Plea: Three Days Left!

This was sent from VO:

There are only three days left to make a special end-of-year donation to Vegan Outreach! ((Join me and give what you can $5-5,000! If you cannot donate, volunteer! Some can donate, others can volunteer to hand out the booklets - all balances out)).

Every day, the majority of grassroots efforts to promote vegetarianism are fueled in some way by VO: either our members leafleting, or other groups using our detailed, documented booklets (also see this post at Vegan. com).
Every day, these person-to-person efforts lead directly to more people going vegetarian, creating real, fundamental change!

Please invest in growing vegetarianism -- make a secure, tax-deductible donation online at veganoutreach. org/about/donate. html, or send a check or money order to:

Vegan Outreach
P.O.
Box 30865
Tucson, AZ 85751-0865

Your donations will continue to effectively promote vegetarianism!

-Anne, Jack, Jon, & Matt

PS -- We know times are tough for everyone, but these efforts can only continue with your support.
Please make a special contribution today -- thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpts from a post to VIVA and Earthsave Canada by John Bowers; reproduced with permission.

One of the questions I am often asked by fellow animal advocates is how do I know leafleting is achieving results. Controlled studies have not been done due to the many challenges associated with conducting a scientific survey of this nature. My evidence of results comes from two sources: my own leafleting and the reports of others.

Over the past five years, I have handed out approximately 30,000 of these booklets, one person at a time. As I return to leaflet at the same universities and colleges year after year, I get a sense of the relative receptivity and knowledge of students to the idea that farmed animals endure horrific cruelty. This comes through multiple forms of communication, including hearing direct testimonial that it was this particular booklet that caused them to become veg*an.

I am one of many who participate in the Adopt a College Program (veganhealth. org/colleges). I read through the many [AAC email posts] to enhance my leafleting abilities, share in the daily experiences of fellow participants, and perhaps also to feel a sense of community. Reading these messages also broadens my understanding of the effectiveness of this work. Not surprisingly, the experiences of others are quite similar to my own.

While it is difficult to estimate actual results from this particular program, I have a strong sense that between 1% and 10% of those receiving a booklet are so profoundly affected by its contents as to alter their usual food choices; perhaps 2% or 3% become vegetarian / vegan as a result. Maybe it's a little lower or a little higher than 2 or 3%, but whatever the actual percentage, it is significant.

This work isn't easy (though it's easier than one might imagine), nor is it convenient for anyone who has a full-time job. I consider myself fortunate to have been able to arrange my life in a way that affords me the opportunity to devote time to this work. I again wish to thank you for supporting these efforts.

VO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization; all donations are tax-deductible.
Silentwarrior702
Silentwarrior702
Veg'metal Warrior
Veg'metal Warrior

Number of posts : 94
favorite metal style : Experimental Death Metal/BrutalDeath/Thrash/Grindcore
diet : Vegan
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum